I find it amazing how quickly kids pick up on technology. My friend's 6 year old can play games and things on the computer that I couldn't do in 4th grade! Although, to put things in perspective, the fabulous computer games were just coming out when I was in 4th grade, but still! We let Isis play with our iPhones & our computers sometimes. I thought I'd share a little list of what she can do right now!
- Unlock an iPhone
- Scroll through menu screens or pictures on the iPhone
- Click on apps on the iPhone
- Hit the home button when she's done scribbling on my Scribble app (or when she wants to get back home from any app or screen)
- Push the keyboard buttons when it's in the text messages
- Move a computer mouse around & click buttons
- She knows that hitting the space bar when watching a YouTube video will pause the video & then hitting it again will start it (she giggles a lot when she does this)
- Hold the phone to her ear & say "hi!"
- Hit buttons on the computer keyboard
- She also smiles for pictures when I hold up my iPhone
- Points the remote control to the TV & pushes buttons
Crazy. Just wait till she starts playing actual games on the iPhone!