I realized the other day that I haven't shared an update of what's going on with Isis now! I really am seeing the growth spurts. There will be weeks when I'm like, "it feels like nothing is changing & she's just never going to do that" (whatever it seems like everyone else's babies are doing). But then, one week she'll just start doing 5 new things without any trouble. It's crazy!
Here are a few highlights:
- At her last doctor appointment at 9 months old, she weighed 20 pounds exactly & was 27.25 inches long.
- She now says mama & dada (when she feels like it) & to the right person.
- She can pass objects from one hand to another.
- She can pick up food & put it in her mouth. She picks it up with her thumb & forefinger, but then uses her whole palm to put it in her mouth. It's adorable.
- She stands holding onto things & pulls herself up easily.
- Sometimes she cruises between the ottoman & the couch or between a standing toy & the wall.
- She holds on with one hand while standing, but hasn't quite been ready to let go & stand on her own.
- She crawls. A lot.
- She drinks from a sippy cup, although also likes to just bang it on the table & shoot water everywhere. (We don't use the sippy stopper thing.)
- She bangs objects together, takes them out of or puts them into containers, she looks for objects when you hide them, she plays peek-a-boo with some objects like putting a burp cloth over her head.
- She is quite a talker. She will combine syllables & uses inflections & seems to want to say certain real words. She loves playing with this little brush & we always say "brush" when we give it to her & now she will look at us and go "bru."
- She has a stuffed animal giraffe named Geoffrey from Toys R Us & she likes to talk to him & give him kisses.
- She gives kisses now which is my favorite, but sometimes she doesn't want to & she makes hilarious faces when she's trying not to give you a kiss.
- She still eats a lot of baby purees. That's one thing we are working on - getting her to eat more finger foods. But as for baby purees, her absolute favorite is the Chick Chick Happy Baby meal.
- She will eat these finger foods: cereal puffs, cheerios, crackers, small pasta pieces, macaroni & cheese, small pieces of bread & little pieces of cheese. I've also fed her some mashed potatoes, broccoli casserole, pasta salad, cottage cheese, applesauce & various fruits cut into pieces. She even tried tofu & seemed to be okay with it!
- She does have 2 teeth on the bottom that are finally through the gums & making their way in! But they're still not helpful with actually biting foods yet.
- Here's our sleep schedule on weekdays (generally) for those of you who are interested in that: 7am - wake up, 9am - nap (1.5-2 hrs), 2:00pm - nap (1-1.5 hours), 7:30pm - bed. So she's sleeping about 11.5 hours at night & taking about 3 hrs of naps per day on average. Sometimes it's a little less, but not usually any more.
- We are still breastfeeding first thing in the morning & before bed at night. She takes formula twice a day. She eats solids 3 times a day.
That's about it I think! Overall she's doing awesome & yep I already can't wait to have another one!!! I'm not gonna give away all my secrets, but we are going to start trying again in less than a year!!! Party!!!