Decided I'd share a little about myself today. Somehow that turned into sharing dorky things because really, when it comes down to it, I think the dorky things are the best things about me.
- I love Twilight - the books, not the movies (as if somehow that makes it cooler). Although, I must admit, I have still seen the movies several times & bought both of them. I also have purchased my tickets in advance for the Eclipse movie. Even though I am not crazy about the movies, I seem to have this need to be a part of their transition to film. Dorky? Um, yes.
- I watch the entire season of Friends at least once a year. My husband and I used to watch an episode a night from the time we were dating up until Isis was born. Then, understandably, things got crazy. We have recently started again with Season 1. I have seen them all so many times that I can play several of the episodes in my head in their entirety. It's like a party in my brain.
- I have seen Newsies more times than any other movie. I can sing along (or dance along) with any character. I still get super excited when I watch it. It is Christian Bale at his finest - before he got all angry & started yelling at everybody.
- I get giddy when I watch the High School Musical movies. I will probably let Isis watch these at a pretty early age. They are actually cleaner than most animated movies I've seen lately! If she has that image of high school for a while, I'm okay with that.
- As you can probably see already, I get super excited about silly things & then talk about them non-stop. Thankfully I have a few friends who are totally okay with this & consider it part of my charm. Yay for good friends - and a fairly understanding husband!
- I think Glee is one of the best things EVER!! I am a huge Queen fan & when they sang "Somebody to Love" & then "Bohemian Rhapsody," I pretty much squealed in delight!
- I laugh at middle school humor. Fart noises or jokes about private parts totally get me every time.
- I sing really loud in the car until I get to a stop light, then I sit there patiently until I'm sure there is no one sitting next to me staring at the weirdo singing at the top of their lungs to 80's music.
- Sometimes I hold the phone to my ear with my shoulder just so that I can make hand gestures while I'm talking. Then sometimes I actually realize I'm doing that & get embarrassed even though nobody knows I did it, but me.
- I love Buffy. Like really. I have a Buffy tattoo (a heart with a stake in it on my ankle - not her face on my butt or anything). I have the special collector's set of all 7 seasons on DVD. I own most of the Season 8 comic books. If they ever allow the Buffy Sing-Along to happen again, I will be there. Also, thanks to my wonderful friends - who again, consider my dorkiness to be part of my charm - I own a Buffy lunchbox, several Buffy action figures, a Buffy poster & some Buffy valentines.
Beat that. What makes you dorky?